Continue the story of Sir Toby's!
Are you passionate about developing people?
Do you pride yourself on delivering exceptional customer service?
We are looking for an experienced General Manager to join our team to help us to ensure that our people and guests feel individually attended to and experience a sense of delight and community in our legendary Sir Toby’s Hostel.
What would be your ultimate goal?
You simply do everything possible to ensure
that those who leave your doors are happy, want to spread
the word about the place, and ultimately desire to return in the future.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To lead and exceed standards of customer service, encouraging all employees to consistently deliver sense of community and a positive experience to all customers.
- To champion exceptional customers service by regularly acting as day manager and carrying out day manager shifts.
- To foster the community atmosphere of your property by ensuring there are regular community events for guests to participate in.
- To lead the day to day operation of your property and to ensure operational excellence in all aspects of the operation – accommodation and food & beverage.
- To maximise profit by operational excellence.
- Responsible for proactively review and respond to customer feedback, seeking opportunities to improve the overall customer experience.
- Responsible for the efficient use of all BoHo’s system, inclusive of the booking system, to generate income and maximise profitability.
- Lead and seek sales opportunities across all business functions.
- Actively encourage and promote all sales activities/initiatives within the team to maximise profitability.
- Responsible for reflecting business seasonability by adapting schedules and work contracts for all staff in all departments.
- Effectively manage, report and comply with BoHo’s financial management/ accounting systems to control expenditure and income.
- Conduct regular team meetings and performance management reviews to actively develop the capability of the team and individuals to help them progress on their career path journey, ensuring success is recognised and celebrated. Be motivational and communicative to ensure all BoHo’s policy and other informations are passed to relevant individuals.
- Lead on continuously seeking to identify areas for improvement to the overall product and service within the business.
- Ensure the team celebrates success and is recognised for delivering excellence.
- Lead on the promotion and development of positive collaborative relationships with other hostels and hotels in BoHo network.
- To be proactive in the maintenance of buildings, fixtures and fittings, seeking advice and professional guidance where appropriate.
- To ensure that housekeeping standards are kept and exceeded.
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations (Fire safety,
We are looking for someone with:
- Passion for developing and motivating individuals and teams.
- Flair for exceptional customer service.
- Proven ability of, or able to demonstrate, management and leadership of teams, preferably within a similar environment.
- Evidence of recruiting, mentoring and developing others.
- Proven ability to manage high pressured environments, where there may be significant peaks in work load demands.
- Understanding of software management systems and/or proficient in basic computer skills.
- Interest contemporary trends in tourism and food & beverage.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of English and basic Czech is essential, knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
We think you you would love us too. Because…
You know, we really are a good fun, still quite small and cosy but also very international company to work for (not only thanks to colleagues from 36 countries but also due to the fact that we are located in Prague, Olomouc and Accra - yes, in Ghana!). We pride ourselves on offering individual approach and delightful experience to our people and guests.
All of us in BoHo are really passionate about what we do. Of course, we also offer fair salary and some awesome benefits for travellers - yourself, your friends and family members.
Do you sense this job is just perfect for you?
Then get in touch! We can't wait to hear from you!
Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s see where it will bring you.